Tuesday * October 21st 2014

Meet “Milagro” My Toyota Motorhome

How I Roll... Milagro or “Miracle”

“There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is though everything is a miracle.
~ Albert Einstein

I love my little 1985 Toyota Dolphin…

Previously, I had a 1988 Toyota Sunrader, but it was a little too small (18 foot) for extended travels.  (Hey, a girl likes to take along clothes and shoes!   :mrgreen:

Since I’m preparing for what I like to call my “Summer Sojourn,” I thought readers might like to see the results of my interior glamping!

livingareaThe seating area that converts into a full-sized bed.  It’s my “hang-out” place in the rig and very comfortable and cozy! oilpainting

My lighting fixtures all have LED bulbs.  This is some “art” I picked up at a Goodwill store.

solarMy solar panel helps run the house lights, and from the inverter I can use the blender, listen to the XM radio, and even curl my hair!  xmwinerackI love my XM radio!  I can also hook up my iPod to listen to CD’s.  My 83-year old neighbor made me this beautiful wine rack!  :-D

Don’t stop here – there’s more!

stove

I love to cook simple dinners while I’m traveling.  The oven doesn’t work, but I would rarely use it, so I’m not getting it fixed.

sinkYep, even on the road there are dishes to be washed.  So far, Cali hasn’t learned to do the dishes, so I’m stuck with that task!  :-|

bathroom

I “glamped up” my bathroom yesterday with these stickers from the dollar store.  I’m pretty pleased with the effect!  :-D

bed

My bed is nice and cozy.  I found some black out valances on clearance at Wal*Mart, but there weren’t enough to cover the big window – so another thrift store find!

It’s really HOT Worried here in Las Cruces!  I’m just waiting for a sprout jar (to make mung bean sprouts – so yummy!) to come in the mail, and for my facial sunscreen to arrive at the doctor’s office.  (They were out on Friday, but expect a shipment today!)

Did I already say it was HOT here?

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful week!  It’s summertime!  Cheeze

Share the Love!

28 Comments »Journal, Travel, WordPress

28 Replies to Desert Diva to “Meet “Milagro” My Toyota Motorhome”

1. Contessa CANADA says:

Love your RV. It looks nice and cozy. Great wine glass rack. I also love the new touches on your blog format. However your rolling ‘Blogging Friends’ keeps getting muddled one on top of the other.
    Contessa´s last blog post ..WIN AN RV

2. Yay! A name! I haven’t peeked in since your recent glamp. I love those flags – what are they called?
    The Good Luck Duck´s last blog post ..Living in your car – vandwellers wanted

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

The flags are based on the Tibetan Prayer Flags that you see when climbers attempt Mt. Everest. These flags I bought at a little store in Mt. Shasta and have sayings like peace, joy, etc… on them!

3. merikay UNITED STATES says:

like the prayer flags too. Add a nice string of color. Don\’t like the fact that I have to enter my name, email and web site, plus the security word to leave a comment. Too much trouble when I\’m using my iPad for blog reading. Most of the time when I leave a comment it is just so the blogger knows I am following. This comment took several tries.

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hi Merikay,

Since this is the first time you commented, you do have to fill out the information – that prevents spam on my blog. When you come back again (if you do) you device should have left a cookie and the field will be all filled out for you. You’re the only person I’ve heard that has had to make “several tries.”

4. Great name for the Dolphin, and it’s a beautiful interior, too!
    Sue Soaring Sun´s last blog post ..Figuring Stuff Out at a National Forest Service Campground

5. terrie UNITED STATES says:

Thanks so much for letting us see the summer home…love it….you have made it a wonderful nest for you and the Cali Girl….have a fantastic summer….if you want to come to see us….better in winter…xoxo 8-) very hot, hot here, too….

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hi Terrie,

I guess you and Ray aren’t traveling this summer. I really miss you guys. Now that I’m retired, maybe I’ll head your way this winter! :-)

XOXO
      Cheryl

6. Malia UNITED STATES says:

Hey Cheryl,

I LOVE the name Milagro – how appropriate! And very cool the glamping you did! I hope she and Kismet and you and I meet up on the road sometime! :-D

7. klbexplores says:

Another glamper bit by the bug. It is looking good. One thing that is hard is moving to a new rig after you have it fixed up just the way you want it. A little like parting with a old friend. I’ll look forward to seeing updates as you continue to make them… Karen :chic:

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hi Karen,

Yes, it’s fun to find those little bits of glitz to make it more homey! My mechanic would like to see me get rid of my Toyhome, but it’s fine for now and PAID for!

Cheryl

8. We are Glampers too so I love the way you have decked out Milagro with all the cozy colors. We haven’t had our Winnie Wagon long enough to Glamp it yet, but we will. We are also Thrift Store shoppers & Kelly is forever finding little treasures. I’ve always liked those Toyoto Class C’s & if I was traveling alone that is probably what I would travel in…….. AL:))
    AL FROM THE BAYFIELD BUNCH:))´s last blog post ..CAME HOME WITH MIXED FEELINGS TODAY

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hi!

Thanks for coming to visit. I “do” love my little Toyota camper – it’s fun to drive and I don’t have to worry where “the big guys go.” I hope Kelly is feeling better…

Cheryl

9. Dave says:

I hope you have a nice trip. Perhaps some day Cali and Skruffy can meet each other and we will really see if they truly look alike as their respective pictures show. We are “finally” back on the road ourselves….staying at a Passport America park in Georgia. It is so darn hot an humid, had to have electricity or we would not be able to sleep.

Drive safe….have a great time.

Dave (Marcia and Bubba and Skruffy)
    GoingRvWay.com
    Dave´s last blog post ..Shake Down Goes Well, Back to Palm Harbor Area

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hi Dave! (and Marcia and the “fur kids”)

Luckily, although it’s very warm here, it’s not humid. I’m excited about getting on the road again (but a little nervous too!). Stay cool! :-)

Cheryl

10. Gaelyn says:

Love Milagro’s glamp. Nice to make a house a home. But funny because I used to glamp my older RVs more than this newer one. The dang walls are too hard to push a tack into. Soon, on the road again.
    Gaelyn´s last blog post ..Colorful cliffs at Golden Gate Highlands National Park South Africa

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hi Gaelyn,

It’s fun finding inexpensive things that make the RV look “homey.” Yep, Roxi’s leaving tomorrow and I’m not going to be long to leave after her.

11. Contessa CANADA says:

After the first 5 miles you won’t be nervous. Put the peddle to the metal lady. You are coming to Mazatlan this winter, are you not?? :beauty:
    Contessa´s last blog post ..I have a hot date

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hey Contessa – you’re right about not being nervous after the first five miles. I “do” want to come to Mexico this winter. :-)

12. Grace UNITED STATES says:

Your home is very sweet. I hope you enjoy your summer travels. Grace (in Tucson)

13. Frank AUSTRALIA says:

G’day D D, greetings from Western Australia. Checking out Sunraders & found your site – luv what yer doin’. Gerda & I have the dream of flying to LA, picking up a 21′ sunrader somewhere and driving up the west coast thru’ Seattle to Vancouver, on to a BC ferry to Sidney, thru’ Victoria to Sooke to visit son, d/law & grandchidren. From there up thru’ beautiful Duncan to Nanoose Bay (visit the son’s in-laws – our great mates) and check out the rest of the island before hopping the ferry back to the mainland to tour around BC & Alberta. Back over the border and down to LA, put the sunrader on a boat and bring it back to Fremantle/Perth. We’re hoping to fullfil the dream next July. Here’s hoping. Good luck on your travels. Watch out for the “Boozincruisintwosome”. Yep we like a glass of wine or two on our travels – at the end of the day, of course!!
    Cheers,
    Frank

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hi Frank – It’s AMAZING that you found me. I actually had an 18 foot Sunrader before my Dolphin. In some ways I’m very sorry I sold it. You and Gerda sound like you love life and travel. Good luck to you as you reach out for your dreams. By the way, I too like a glass of vino at the end of the day… :-)

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

• desert diva & cali

photo ddandc_zps31df39b9.jpg One woman's journey on the "road of life..."
  • amazon.com!

AmazonRound160

Please consider (if you buy items on Amazon.com) purchasing through my website store.

Please click on this Amazon.com link and add it to your bookmarks or favorites. From then on, whenever you use my link to go to Amazon.com and shop, your cost will stay exactly the same, but I'll receive a small percentage (4%-6%) of Amazon's profits.

Thank you for your generous support!

• reading now

• how i roll

How I Roll...
    RV License Plate
  • i choose

photo ichoose_zps721d01ad.jpg

• life “is” good!

photo life-is-good1_zps1bbec756.jpg

• live traffic feed

• flickr photos

www.flickr.com
    desertdiva's items Go to desertdiva's photostream