Friday * May 24th 2019

WordPress Friday Photo Challenge – “On the Move”

On the Move

Whether on foot, in a kayak, or on a train, we can document our lives easily. More than ever, the moments of our in-betweens are photo-worthy and shareable.

OK, you had me at “kayak.”  Some of my most memorable moments are spending lazy afternoons floating down a easy river and exploring the plants and wildlife.   I let the water carry me downstream to beautiful views of delight and wonder…

Kayak Breakdecorative-lineKayaking...decorative-lineKayakingdecorative-lineRanger Led Kayak Tripdecorative-linePaddling...

Share the Love!

22 Comments »Journal, Travel

22 Replies to Desert Diva to “WordPress Friday Photo Challenge – “On the Move””

1. Lisa says:

I love your kayak! I’m giving serious consideration to buying one for myself. It looks so peaceful.

2. Contessa CANADA says:

Love the colors. Looking forward to using our kayaks this summer.
    Contessa´s last blog post ..The first ‘Que Pasa’ of the month!

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hi Contessa,

I love to kayak in the summer on a slow, easy river. Wow, I forgot where you live – you basically just have to go outside your door! 🙂

Best wishes,
      Cheryl

3. Lynn says:

Definitely looks like fun, what kind of kayak do you have?

Lynn
    Lynn´s last blog post ..2012 Pleasure Way Excel TS

4. janet UNITED STATES says:

Looks like a blast. I’ve only been white water rafting, but I think I’d like this, too.

janet

5. I’ve never tried it, but kayaking seems like a good activity.
    Cardinal Guzman´s last blog post ..The Sheesha Place

6. Kelly...bayfieldbunch CANADA says:

interesting…..I have been out once on the Bayfield River and really liked it. Watching the neighbor who took me do all the lifting etc. I thought I would never be strong enough to move it around. Now I read yours weighs 42 lbs….. Is it a problem at all for you to maneuver?

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hi Kelly,

It’s a two-person job to get it off my RV – one to tip and guide it and one to “catch” it.

I mostly kayak with my RV group (the WIN’s), and we tend to help each other. However, one of the reasons I bought it is because it is light and I’ve carried it by myself.

When I’m kayaking my troubles just seem to “float down the river.” 🙂

Best wishes,
      Cheryl

7. frizztext says:

floating down for sure is more comfortable than paddling up vs. the river
    frizztext´s last blog post ..On The Move

8. Jeri says:

Until folks have done it, they have no idea how wonderful it is. I love kayaking!! Love the kayak pictures too!
    Jeri´s last blog post ..Thoughts: Our Jeep and Snowbirding

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hi Jeri,

I’m thankful that I have my RV group (the WIN’s) to kayak with in the summer. However, many of the members like to do rapids and I tend to steer away from those floats.

Best wishes,
      Cheryl

9. JO UNITED STATES says:

I love the colors of the Kayak’s along the waters edge. I have never done any Kayaking but sure would love to give it a try.

• Desert Diva UNITED STATES says:

Hi Jo,

That photo was taken in Moab, Utah. Our RV group had camped out at the group campsite at Gold Bar and we put in the water right there!

I highly suggest you try out kayaking by renting one for a day. I did that a couple of times and then I went out looking for my own.

Best wishes,
      Cheryl

10. might war says:

Ah, this brought back lovely memories of the last time I attempted kayaking. It was a lot of fun despite discovering that I could only move along by going round in circles. I had to be towed in the end, but it was a fun activity all the same. The trip gave us a totally different perspective of the river and fjords – and that alone was worth the effort.

And there is just something so cheerful about all the colours too!
    might war´s last blog post ..Weekly Photo Challenge: On the Move