Sunday * August 9th 2020

WordPress Photo Challenge – “Work of Art”

WordPress Photo Challenge – “Work of Art

“Art” isn’t just paintings and sculptures, it can be anything in which we find beauty and meaning — even food. Show us a thing, place, or person that’s a work of art to you.

Ever since moving to the Southwest, I’ve been fascinated by petroglyphs or rock art.  On my travels, I visited many sites with petroglyphs.  However, the two most memorable are Newspaper Rock (approximately 53 miles south of Moab, Utah) and Petroglyph National Monument (Albuquerque, New Mexico).

Petroglyphs are the way that ancient people attempted to document their lives in the form of a “picture story.”

Newspaper Rockdecorative-lineNewspaper Rockdecorative-lineNewspaper Rockdecorative-linePetroglyphs 02decorative-linePetroglyph 33decorative-line

What do you consider a “work of art?

amazonpage

10 Comments »Journal, Photographs

10 Replies to Desert Diva to “WordPress Photo Challenge – “Work of Art””

1. Charlotte CZECH REPUBLIC says:

Nice pics! It’s amazing to see these ancient arts surviving all those years that have passed to be admired by people of present days. Very interesting approach to the challenge of this week 🙂
    Charlotte´s last blog post ..Everyone is an Artist at Heart

2. becca givens says:

Great shots — I always enjoy viewing these whenever/where I am able.
    becca givens´s last blog post ..Work of Art – WP Weekly Photo

3. Jo Bryant says:

wonderful examples of art
    Jo Bryant´s last blog post ..WPC: Work of Art

4. Lisa says:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen petroglyphs in person. I’m glad you shared these photos!

5. janet UNITED STATES says:

I love these and love the Southwest.

janet
    janet´s last blog post ..Weekly Photo Challenge: Work of Art

6. Contessa CANADA says:

Great shots, I really like the first one. Nature framing the petroglyphs. I like to find art within nature, sometimes just the shape of a tree is special.
    Contessa´s last blog post ..Memorable Friday

7. suyashchopra says:

Stunning photos. These are some of the best photos of this kind i have ever seen. Do visit my blogs also and let me know how you like them. Thanks.

8. Cheeryl Ann UNITED STATES says:

Oh, gosh…I didn’t realize your name was Cheryl, too! And, I had a Cali. She was my palomino mustang filly. Unfortunately, she colicked in December of 2012 and I lost her. She was people-friendly and would stand in her water trough! I’ve written a children’s book about her as a memorial. You can see photos of her on my blog:
    Cheryl Ann ~ I miss her every day. She was my pocket pony. She would have been perfect for the grandkids to ride on…
    Cheeryl Ann´s last blog post ..Spring? Nah…summer is HERE…NOW

9. Lynda UNITED STATES says:

Those are works of art and beautiful photography. Good to know about Newspaper Rock south of Moab. Thanks…
    Lynda´s last blog post ..A mere 27 miles to Bodega Bay

10. mithriluna says:

Wonderful images of wonderful works of art!
    mithriluna´s last blog post ..Thankful Thursday: A Morning Escape